Monday, September 15, 2014

Baby Number 2 We Love you!

Well our lovely baby Carleton joined our family exactly on his due date. He is such a blessing to us! Here is his story:
At 3:30 AM I woke up with a strong contraction, I was used to pretty strong Braxton hicks so I did not want to freak out and wake Seth up if it was not the real thing. So I waited and watched the clock. I noticed that they were around ten minutes apart, and so I started to get excited…and worried that everything would go well.  Of all the fears associated with delivering a baby, one of my greatest is of going to the hospital and being sent home, so I waited an extra couple of hours to be sure this baby was really coming. During that time I cleaned our apartment, took a shower, wrote Seth a Father’s Day card, and around 6:00 AM I started making blueberry muffins. I do not know where I got the energy but I am sure it was because I was so excited to finally see our little baby! I figured Seth should sleep as long as he could and I did not want to wake up our babysitter for Walter too early either. Around 7:00 AM I walked into the bedroom and poked him awake and said “Happy Father’s day, let’s go have our baby.” He blinked a few times to get the sleep out of his eyes and said in a sleepy but happy voice, “Really?” We decided that he had time to get ready and we would try to leave for the hospital at 8:00 AM.

We made it to the hospital around 8:10 AM and started the check-in process. They did not seem too worried as they asked me several questions in a nonchalant manner. I remember this was no fun since I was contracting every five minutes by this time. I was then very slowly, hooked up to computers and other weird machines for about an hour and half before they decided that I was okay to stay at the hospital and deliver. Three hours later the midwife broke my water. Around 3:15 PM they decided to start the Pitocin to help move things along and baby Carleton was born about 20 minutes later. I knew I was in trouble when before I could see the baby, the midwife, in a thick New Yorker accent, exclaimed, “That is one chubby baby!” And that is the story of how our 9 pound 10 ounce baby came into the world. 




here are a few more recent pictures:

 Baby Blessing day! We were lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa Sainsbury in town and Matt and Jaime and their kids. It was a full house but we loved having them here for Carleton's special day.

Cute little baby blessing outfit
 These two are best buds...most of the time. ;) Walter loves to wrestle his little brother and give him big kisses so I am busy keeping Carleton safe.
 I started taking a bunch of pictures of just Carleton and I could tell Walter really wanted to be in more pictures by the fact that he snuck into the background. I thought it was too cute not to capture.


So you may be wondering why we have those two stuffed animals in the picture. Sherie Dotson gave Walter the little hippo when he was born. We then took a picture with the hippo every month so that we could see how much Walter had grown. We decided to keep the tradition alive by giving Carleton a tiger. These last three are of his 3 month photos. I cannot believe it has already been 3 months! Time flies when you just want to snuggle with your new baby. 

1 comment:

Mary Kenney said...

We loved your post! Especially the photos of your cute kids. We hope that we get to meet him in November!
Mary and Jared