BUT this is the plan for now. I am getting married November 24th in the Provo Temple!!!!
Now you probably want to hear the engagement story....well, it is really long....lovely but long. So here it goes.
We started out going straight to dinner right out of work. He surprised me by taking me to Chef's table. Which is an awesome place! I felt like royalty from the moment we walked in. We sat in a nice booth both facing out of the window. Guess what was clearly visible through the window????? The Provo temple, so in my mind I thought, YAY he is going to propose tonight. (well I guess I better start earlier than dinner...the night before I had Cindy help do my nails, so they would look good with the ring. I also told both of my parents that I was going to probably come back engaged...I know a little over-presumptuous) We had a wonderful dinner, I was a little nervous because chef's table was a really really nice place. I didn't think I fit in very well. We went through salad, dinner, and dessert without me seeing any signs of a ring in sight.
We ended up leaving without even saying anything about a ring.
When we got in the car he said "so where to you want to go now" that translated to me as "I dont know what to do next, I am not proposing to you tonight." I know, it was a harsh reality for me too. I said I didn't really care, I suggested his mountain, which is his mountain. Instead we went up Provo canyon towards Bridal Veil falls.
Upon reaching the parking lot of Bridal Veil Seth turns to me and says "do you want to see something terrible?" which translated in my head as "we are not really doing anything romantic up here I just wanted to come up here." He parks the car but doesn't turn it off so I assume we really are just going to see something terrible and then leave. So he gets out and heads to a boulder marking the parking stall and starts picking at it. After a while he starts pulling white car paint off of the boulder and tells me this was where he backed his car into earlier today. I felt so bad for him, poor kid, running into rocks! So I said sorry, but then he just kept staring at it and peeling at it. In my head I am thinking 'what is wrong with this kid.' In his head he was thinking, 'what am I going to do know?' Apparently a few engagement plans had fallen through right before dinner and during dinner. In my head, it didn't even translate. So I stood their shivering waiting for him to stop mourning his loss.
After the terrible spot we got back in the car and start driving out of the canyon. At this point I am still pretty full and starting to fall asleep because I was sooo full! So I told Seth I was going to take a quick nap while he decided where we wanted to go next. I wake up maybe five minutes later thinking oh we are probably at a park, that's romantic. I sit up and we are in a residential area. Seth came and opened my door (like he always does, such a good boyfriend) and I ask what this place was. He said it was his aunts house, an aunt I had never met before. Instead of heading for the front door he starts walking to the back. I start asking why we dont just go to the door and introduce me to them and then go in the back, that way I wouldn't feel like I was hanging out in a strangers backyard. However, that awkwardness did not seem to phase him.
He continued to pull me towards the backyard when the thought came to me....hmm maybe something is happening? We turned the corner and there was nothing there. Nothing but darkness.
For some reason this did not deter Seth. We continued to walk and get to a garden portion of the yard, but it was dark, so Seth explained that this was a flower garden. And then I could tell that it was a very beautiful flower garden (similar to Thanksgiving pointe gardens) One part of the garden had a little garden table with two chairs so we sat at the table and just talked. Not about anything in particular, in fact I cannot even remember what we were talking about.
By this point I was so confused. I was a little upset because I thought for sure it was going to happen, but it HADN'T. Yet I was happy because I love him. I also vaguely remember feeling a little sad that some sort of conflict was going on in his mind, but he wasn't telling me.
All of those feelings came to me while sitting at that little garden table. But were soon forgotten when the bushes/flowers next to us started shaking. For some reason I thought people were rushing toward us, so I screamed, really loud in fact. Don't worry though because it was only the SPRINKLERS....gah. Seth and I moved to a portion of the garden where the water wasn't hitting and he just held me tight and started telling me about the ring. And how it wasn't going to be here for another week...."but then," he said, "my uncle called yesterday and said it was ready" He got down on one knee and proposed!!!! Ha so cute! The funny part was that he was holding my right hand when he asked so instead of giving him an answer I said, "wrong hand." HAHAH, his response was "you have to say yes or no before I put it on."
Well I said yes and then we went back to his car (after running through the sprinklers of course). In the car we turned on the light and I got to see my ring for the first time! Seth surprised me with a gorgeous Halo set diamond ring with smaller diamonds lining the side. SOOO beautiful, I couldnt stop saying 'wow' for like an hour.
So that is our story, of course it had to be a long and terribly depressing story but know that Seth is normally very very romantic. We hope to be able to laugh about this forever. Hope you enjoyed it!
ps that is the night he proposed.

5 comments:
Everyone was talking about you guys at Sunday dinner. Where were you? We all wrote letters to Tim, talked about your blog, and ate delicious cookies.
Okay, my favorite part of the whole story was "Wrong hand." Ha ha ha!!!!!!
Congratulations, you two! I'm so happy for you!
JULIEEEEEEEEE YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!! WHY HAVE I STILL NOT SEEN YOU IN LIKE A FRILLION YEARS??!?!?!? We need to play. I MISS YOU ETERNALLY my dearest bosom friend of truth and glory. :D
Dude. The two pictures in this post would work great for the center pieces. :)
This is a comment from Owen after seeing this post and your new banner.(I kid you not)
"Eeeewwww! She is kissin' her brother! (after seeing the second picture)Eeeeewww! She is kissin' her brother again!!!
Apparently, he thinks that Seth is already a part of the family. :)
Post a Comment