

My specific assignment is workshops, which is 70% of the reason that we are located where we are. Recently, we have been working on updating the workshops and it has taken a lot of work to push the oldies (or Workshop Masters, as they call themselves) to find a better approach at teaching the material. Even worse, the students that come into this job sometime have NO teaching experience at all. So I don't know about you but.....yeah, that was the most frustrating thing for me. I realize that we need so much help in our center, but I am so thankful for this job. At least I have one, one that I really like doing (teaching) I never would have thought that I would enjoy teaching kids my age...well, actually I am a little older, considering I am a senior in college this year. Which means nothing because I am just barely applying to a new major that I really really hope to get into.
This Fall I am applying to the Communications department with an emphasis in Comms studies. And then in Winter semester for Public Relations. Either emphasis would satisfy me. I am really excited to learn more about Communications. If you are wondering what I am still doing in school here it is. I hope to major in Communications emphasis in Public Relations, I am minoring in history, and I plan to be out of school in a year and a half. Wahoo! BYU has been a lot of fun, but I am excited to get out and start working. However, maybe this year and a half waiting period will be good for our economy and the job market. I can only cross my fingers.
Other than that, the news you have all been waiting for. Seth has been home since May 23, almost 24 days. We have been dating for almost two weeks. It has been so much fun catching up with and spending time with him! It is so crazy how little he has changed...I mean he has changed, but it has only been for the better. The weirdest thing about him being back is hearing him speak Khmer. It is such a strange language but there is so much more to learn about the Cambodians. We were looking at some of his mission pictures last night and it was amazing how much love he has for the Cambodian people. He also took pictures at the Angkor Watt geeze, places I have only read about in history books and he has gone there! It was really fun I am excited to learn more. I would post pictures but we haven't really taken any. So I will work on that.
I think that pretty much catches everyone up to speed, oh except for the fact that MARY is Engaged! Mary and I thought it would be pretty funny to pull a prank on the family...I would say it was successful but apparently everyone else was like "what announcement could Julie possibly have"....dang, here were Seth and I trying to be awkward and surprising, and all we got was a few rolled eyes from Mom and Dad and Tim asking if I was pregnant, real great! Goll my family has a sense of humor.
1 comment:
hurray for Julie posting! When are we going to hang out chica?
Post a Comment